3 killed when gunman opens fire at Rome condo board meeting, mayor says

0 16

A man opened fire Sunday during a condominium board meeting in a coffee shop in northern Rome, killing three people and injuring others, authorities and witnesses said.

Rome Mayor Roberto Gualtieri called an emergency security meeting for Monday after what he called “the grave episode of violence that has struck our city.” In a tweet, he confirmed three people were killed in the shooting in the working class neighborhood of Fidene.

The shooting occurred in an enclosed outdoor seating area of the bar, called “Il Posto Giusto,” or “The Right Place.”

La Repubblica daily quoted witness Luciana Ciorba, vice president of the condo board, as saying the man entered the bar shouting “I’ll kill you all,” and then opened fire. Participants managed to disarm him until Carabinieri police arrived.

Italy Shooting
Italian Carabinieri, paramilitary policemen, patrol in front of a bar where three people died after a man entered and shot in Rome, Sunday, Dec. 11, 2022.

Gregorio Borgia / AP


Speaking in a video interview, Ciorba said the man was known to board members and had been previously reported to authorities for making threats against local residents.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Trusted Bulletin is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.